Tuesday, July 6, 2010

Notably hot


It reached 105 today. I think the dogs knew that I was keeping them out of the heat for a good reason. Yes, as they lay in front of the AC vents around the house, I think they knew it was miserable outside. Molly didn’t even try to get me to toss the Frisbee for her whenever we did venture out for a pee break. When outside, the dogs would relish the heat for a second or two, feeling the warmth contrasting the coolness of their bodies. But it is only a matter of time before they look back at me, squinting in the hazy midday sun, and they run back to come join me in the climate controlled indoors.

2 comments:

  1. Stay cool sweethearts and eat frozen ice cubes made with pumpkin puree, plain low fat yogurt, mashed ripe bananas and bit o' honey!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Stay cool! I can't imagine 105 and the humidity must be awful too.

    ReplyDelete