Friday, December 18, 2009

Snowz a coming!

Hey Molly!


Heeey whasup?

It’s going to snow Molly, a lot! Your favorite... snow-snow!



Snow???? Where?!

Yes! Weee haaaaa! The forecast is calling for snow starting late tonight to Saturday evening. Last night our forecast for the area was 4-6 inches. By noon today they said 6-10 inches. By 4pm the forecast changed to 8-15 inches or more with some areas getting up to 20. You should have seen the graphic posted by our local news titled “Snowfall Impact” which showed large color bands over the mid-Atlantic region. It showed the snowfall impact as “Very Disruptive” or “Paralyzing”. Paralyzing? I think that’s a bit extreme.

Sometime in the middle of the night (cuz we’re freaks like that) I’ll be walking in the snowfall with the dogs. That’s one of my favorite things to do... You can actually hear it fall it’s so quiet. So quiet and peaceful that is until the dogs have had enough of the peaceful and then go about breaking the quiet with outbreaks happy-i-love-snow-barking and dogzoomies. At which point I would kick myself for dropping their leashes as they play cheetah and antelope across the plains of someone’s pristine fresh snow covered front lawn. I whisper yell (cuz it’s after midnite) to them (as if they could hear me) and they eventually circle back to me eyes wild and tongues dangling. That would be when I look around to see if any neighbor's lights have come on and inspect the footprint laden lawns and realize there’s still lots of snow left to fall so by morning the game trails would be covered up. If not, maybe they’ll think it was a big bunny. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment