Tuesday, May 5, 2009

Hey hey, it's my birthday!



Happy Bday!
Today we celebrate Ben, who turns 11! When I brought home this lively 8-week old pup, I thought I was ready for everything. Ha! He showed me! One of the greatest gifts that Ben brought me was patience, and a constant remember to slow down and take time to smell the roses. Everyday this dog warms my heart golden. Happy Birthday to my best boy!

I dug up a few journal entries to share from Ben's "Puppy Ben" website from 1998. Enjoy the antics of vintage Ben!

Week ending July 4,1998
Weight: 8.2 lbs

My First Week: My first night in my new home was a long one. I cried for an hour. But I have my own little hideaway. My crate is comfortable, and I have a warm red blanket and lots of fun toys to play with. My sheepskin bone is my favorite. It squeaks when I bite it and it makes me all excited!

New Neighbors:
Within a few days, I met Jazz, a German Shepherd puppy, two weeks older than me, and Blue, a huge 11 month old Mastiff "puppy," and finally, Hoby, a 7 year old West Highland Terrier. And they're my neighbors! I'll always have playmates!

Nickname:
My person makes fun of me sometimes and calls me "devil dog." Cuz' when I play and roll over, the whites of my eyes show and my lips pull back to show my sharp lil puppy fangs!

Week ending July 18,1998

Weight: 11.9 lbs

Good Puppy: I walked into my crate all by myself to go to sleep for the night!

Curious Object:
Jezebel, the sheep, is really neat. I'm still kind of scared to go up to her. The last time I tried, she tried to head butt me from the other side of the fence! What was that about?!

Unpleasant Experience:
I had to go to the vet this week cuz' I felt sick. I didn't feel like eating, and when I did I would spit up everything. It turns out that I ate something bad and it upset my tummy! Whatever it was I ate, I hope I don't eat it again!

3 comments:

  1. Happy Birthday numero uno Ben! Happy Birthday! You are the best boy! We love you very much and we miss you too!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Happy Birthday!!! thanks for sharing your baby journal :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Happy Belated Birthday Ben!!!

    We are sorry we missed your birthday!

    We sure do hope that you got lots of treats and toys!

    Chasing my tale...
    Addie, Lucie, and Hailey

    ReplyDelete