Wednesday, April 2, 2008

Office Dogs


Office dogs are great aren’t they? At my first job, Molly charmed the heck out of my co-workers. I had just adopted her a few days before and wanted everyone to meet her. From that day on, every workday for 3 years at this company, Molly came to work with me. In fact, she came to work even when I didn’t! If I was out sick or had doc appointments, a coworker would offer to come by and pick Molly up so she could still come to work. We were all dog people. And Molly was a great office dog.

In case you were wondering, Ben used to come to the office a lot as a youngster, pre- Molly. Ben was… let’s say… higher maintenance. He was welcome to visit on Fridays during yappy hour!

At my second job, Molly too soon became the office dog. Fast forward to today, my 4th job… I still have an office dog, in fact, I have two. I run my own business, and work from an office at home. Ben and Molly are with me everyday.

What better way to relieve some stress than to go outside and play… with dogs! Or go for a walk with dogs, always so eager, tail waggin, head high, happy “to be”… it can’t help but rub off on ya. Or just petting a dog... seriously... petting a dog! Studies show petting a dog can reduce stress and anxiety. Don’t quote me on that, but I know I did read that from a source with credibility.

Not too long ago, I had my appointment with my accountant to do the tax thing. I really like my tax lady but you can’t help but be nervous at these things! To my surprise, what greeted me at the door? A lovely black lab named Petey! Good lookin' Petey! In the end, my appointment did go really well, my paperwork was organized, my quarterly tax payments were in check, I was getting the $ from the stimulus rebate program and I didn’t end up owing gazillions of dollars to the IRS and… AND did I tell you? There was this cool black dog curled up next to me, with his chin in my lap the whole time.

Office dogs are great.

1 comment:

  1. I posted an office cat picture today on my dog daycare blog and then stumbled across your blog completely by accident. Love the office dog picture!

    ReplyDelete